Supervisor: Director, Technology
Location: Louisville, KY (remote work location is acceptable)
The Software Developer is responsible for researching, designing, implementing, and managing software applications, testing and evaluating updates to existing applications, identifying areas for modification in existing applications and subsequently developing these modifications, and writing and implementing efficient code. This position requires flexibility, strong time management, problem solving, and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Work on a team to develop integrated software applications
- Interact with internal stakeholders to define application features and requirements
- Write readable, performant, scalable, tested, and secure code
- Connect with databases to support line of business applications
- Conduct application testing based on test cases and test plans
- Write unit and integration tests to guarantee code functions as designed
- Deliver reliable software that is tested, on-time, and maintainable
- Perform peer code review and follow standard development methodologies
- Constantly learn more about existing and new technologies
- Perform other duties and responsibilities that may be required
- Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent in real work experience
- 2-4 years of experience in software development
- Previous professional development experience
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Thirst for learning and continuing education.
What we use
- Scrum, Kanban, iterative and incremental methodologies.
- Azure: Web Apps, SQL, Blob Storage, Service Bus, Redis, Application Insights, MongoDB
- Knowledge of Azure offerings
- Experience developing for highly available, horizontally scalable solutions
- A showcase of styling and responsive designs you’ve worked on
- Experience with handling big data
- Full time, salary
- Base compensation payable biweekly
Eligibility for benefits is earned upon successful completion of a 90-day introductory period. Benefits will be administered in accordance with the current benefits plan. Benefits include:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid PTO and holidays
Why Work at This Company
Be a part of a growing company, a leading expert in the industry, that works to provide healthier, sustainable indoor air environments for its clients.
Hiring Company Description
Protect Environmental is a leader in the environmental consulting and construction industry, focusing on radon and chemical vapor intrusion management. With a proven track record spanning 15 years and more than 5,900 completed projects across the country, the company provides expert service from its trusted professionals to provide peace of mind protection to property owners seeking efficient and effective management of environmental risks and liabilities.
Our next teammate will take ownership of the software features they build while working independently and communicating issues, concerns, and progress. Some of our team works remotely, and others work in one of our office locations. This position can work remotely, if desired. We’re looking for flexible individuals who love to solve problems. We need high-energy developers with exceptional integrity, transparent communication, and high standards.